Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some of my Favorite Moments

Here are a few of my favorite moments over the last few days:

On Thursday, Audrey looked up at me, put her hands in the air, and said "hold it." I have become an "it", but that's okay with me!

On Friday, we were at the playground and Audrey was "steering" with a driving wheel mounted on the playground equipment. She said "car" and I asked her if she was driving to the store. She said "no. Mim's house. Florida." Awesome! Then yesterday, we were at a different playground, also with a steering wheel. This time Iain asked her if she was going to see Mim, and she said "no. Papa". Good thing they live so close to each other, so she'll be able to visit them both on the same trip.

Yesterday, all four of us we were in Target. I put Avery in the front of the cart and Iain started to put Audrey in the "big part" of the cart, but she said "no, front." So we drove 2 carts through the store so they could both sit in the front. We went to pick up some more baby food for Avery, but it all ended up in Audrey's cart. So a couple of minutes later, Avery and I were in front and I hear behind me in a very loud voice (and drawing each syllable out for about 2 seconds each), "A-VREE, TARROTS". I turned around, and Audrey was holding up the tub of carrots, trying to hand them to Avery.

Also yesterday, Iain was teaching Audrey about church, and apparently had taught her that we go to church to learn about Jesus. I say apparently, because when they came into the kitchen, he asked her "Audrey, who lives at church?". And without missing a beat, she said "Becki". Becki, I don't know how much you paid her to say that, but you have obviously risen high in her eyes!

This morning, I heard Avery awake and went to get her before she woke Audrey up. However, when I walked in the room, Audrey immediately hopped down from her bed. She said "Daddy", so I told her to go find him. At the same moment she was walking out of her room, Iain was walking out of our room. Then all of a sudden, I heard her start sobbing and saying "shirt, shirt". She came running back into her room, closed the door, and put her head on my lap. Then Iain walked into the room, not wearing a shirt. I asked Audrey, "do you want Daddy to put a shirt on?" and she cried "yes." So Iain left and came back with a shirt on, and Audrey was fine. I have no idea what that was all about, but she is quite particular about her own clothes (and she NEVER wants to take off her shirt, no matter which one it is), so maybe she's getting particular about the clothes of other people as well.

No comments: