Our two smart and kind beauties headed off to school this morning. We pray they have a great year and that they live lives of meaning.
Our girls rarely want to dress alike, but last week, they told me they wanted to wear the same thing for the first day of school and last night they told me they both wanted their hair in double braids. When we are out and about, we often get asked if they are twins, but I've never seen the wild resemblance until this morning. In some of the pictures, I can barely tell them apart. =)
Iain and I held it together pretty well. The saddest part was when we started leaving Avery's classroom and Kai yelled (in a sad voice), "Ray-Ree." And then we started leaving Audrey's classroom and Kai yelled (same sad voice), "Saucy!"
After we dropped the girls off, Iain went to work and Kai and I took a long (& slow) walk around the neighborhood. They are doing construction on our corner, so it was a great way for Kai to pass 30 minutes, just staring and pointing at the bulldozers and dumptrucks and "trackers" that are right outside our front door. He also likes to walk Avery's purple bike next to him (one of the hazards of having 2 older sisters).
No comments:
Post a Comment