Thursday, August 14, 2008

ONIONS??!! You have to be kidding me


Iain, Audrey, Mim and I went to dinner tonight for what I think was the first craving of either of my pregnancies ... really just some serious red meat. So we went to Kristy's MVP SportsBar just around the corner from our house and got some great burgers. Iain took the raw (and quite potent) onions off of my burger and put them on Audrey's napkin. I didn't think she'd even attempt to eat it, but she DID. And then after she attempted to eat it, I was sure she would immediately spit it out. But she DIDN'T. No. My one and only first-born chowed down on that raw onion, and a couple of minutes later, picked up another piece and ate it too. Unbelievable.


Anyway, I'm actually happy about this because I think it's a disability to go through life not liking onions, since cooks like to put them in everything. So this is good for Audrey in the long run. I just can't believe that I have a daughter who likes them. I quite clearly remember giving birth to her, though ... otherwise, I would question whether she and I are really related. =)


No comments: